Gladiator Mania
Monday, May 05, 2008

(Left: D&G gladiator flat sandal Right:BCBG Max Azria 'Lizzie' Thong)

We all know Gladiator sandals are a hit this season and I'm betting most of you already own at least a pair. I mean, how could you ever resist? They are basically perfect for the weather in our country. Our feet can finally breathe and our little tootsies will be spared of all the blisters and aching pain we feel whenever we'd dawn a pair of high heels. They're the perfect summer footwear (besides flipflops, of course. Nothing can beat those). Pair them with any summer dress or a plain tank top and some shorts and you'll look effortlessly chic.

But then for the past month, I've noticed a change and that their designs and structure have gone a little overboard. Take for example: Gladiator fringes.


(Etro sandals)

About a month ago, I've come across I am Fashion posting about gladiator sandals with fringes and how Vogue claimed them to be the "it" shoes. Though how much I adore gladiator sandals and the comfort they provide, fringes on them do not portray the least bit of stylishness. Honestly, I'd prefer a simpler version of that, maybe with less fringe or none at all.

Another new design of gladiator sandals that I've come across with are the jellies.
Now, we all know the popularity of jellies ever since of last year with people setting aside their flats and high heeled pumps to put on a pair of shoes entirely made of rubber like Marc by Marc Jacob's jelly peep toe flats and jelly mouse shoes (of which I was disappointed to know they were copied and faked by some).

(HULK jelly gladiator sandals by Topshop)

Truthfully, I had never bought jelly shoes nor even dared to try them. Yes, they are comfortable but I wasn't at all fond of owning a pair of shoes entirely made of rubber nor does it scream "chic" to me. They awaken no longing nor lust, no attraction whatsoever. Unless you're 10 years old or younger then that would be a perfect excuse, if not, then don't bother. Gladiator sandals look so much better if its made in leather, topped with cool studs and sometimes with a hint of metallic touch, gold, preferably.

Now the question is: would you dare wear them?


image sources: (I am Fashion, topshop, nordstorm, neiman marcus)

Labels: , , ,


posted at 10:10 PM
Photobucket

♥♥ | ♥♥


Welcome
Google

'Sweet Cravings' is a collection of my moments in life, interests and thoughts on fashion.
xoxo
Add to Technorati Favorites
The Brat


++ I am brutally honest on my opinions (at most times, I can't hold my tongue) ++ I rant relentlessly about any topic I seem to get a hold on. ++ I adore fashion to bits (though, I still have a lot to learn).++

I am called as Spoiled Brat.
because, I act like one.

Shortcut?
Call me, SB.

(I'm feeling: The current mood of littlepinkdevil at www.imood.com)

You may contact me here.

Currently

    follow me on Twitter

    Speak Up

    This tagboard is for chatting and random conversations only.
    --
    Please comment on the post,
    NOT on the tagboard.



    Earn Online

    Hits4pay ($10 signup bonus!)




    Cool Beats


    MyFlashFetish.com

    Credits
    Layout by: Spoiled Brat
    --
    Most of the stuff here is owned by Spoiled Brat. Otherwise, the origin of the photo or content is credited to the source.
    --

    blogarama - the blog directory

    Blog Directory & Search engine

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com