Summer essentials
Thursday, April 17, 2008

The last couple of weeks has been troublesome for me and not to mention, scorching HOT! Of course, we all know its summer and its meant to be hot.

But, don't you feel anxious about your skin? I do.

I've been worrying lately if I'm fully equipped for summer and that my skin doesn't wrinkle up or develop dark spots due to the constant exposure to the sun. It's one of my worst fears. I had a terrible experience back then. I had enjoyed the beach so much, the thought of protecting my skin slipped my mind. When classes started, my friends were shocked at my appearance. I was red and tanned so much, I resembled like a mahogany wood. Not to mention, the fact that I spent countless times trying to soothe my sunburns. UGH. NEVER again.

So, here are the things I learned (and a couple of tips I could give to you):

1.) Put on sunblock or sunscreen. Protecting your skin is a MUST during summer. Many people take that for granted. You should be aware that protecting your skin from the sun's ultraviolet rays is important so as not to develop skin cancer in the future.

Tip: Make sure the Sun Protection Factor (SPF) is no lower than 30.

I suggest: Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 55 or 70




2.
) If in case you were in a hurry to go out and had forgotten to put on your sunscreen then I suggest bringing an umbrella. It provides enough cover for your skin against the heat of the sun. Ashamed? Then, how about trying on a wide brim hat? That way, you look effortlessly chic.

Tip:
Try wearing hats of different colors. How about bright yellow? Or pink? Also, try adding a ribbon as an accessory. Not only are you protecting your face from the sun, you look fashionable at the same time.


3.) Wear sunglasses.
Your face and your skin aren't the only ones that need to be protected, you should protect your eyes too. Too much sun exposure can cause the whites of your eyes to become slightly yellow. Plus, not only does it protect your eyes, it also protects the skin around your eyes too. We wouldn't want to have little wrinkles from the sun.

Tip: Look for lenses with UV400 sun protection on the label.

I suggest: Ray-Ban's wayfarer folding. Stylish and chic. (It's my current obsession. I'm actually saving money to buy one since I'm never a big fan of designer knockoffs)

Now, that we've got that covered up. Let's all enjoy our summer!

Well, as soon as summerclass is over.

-

image sources: (neutrogena, nordstorm, Ray-Ban)

Labels: , , ,


posted at 10:11 PM
Photobucket

♥♥ | ♥♥


Welcome
Google

'Sweet Cravings' is a collection of my moments in life, interests and thoughts on fashion.
xoxo
Add to Technorati Favorites
The Brat


++ I am brutally honest on my opinions (at most times, I can't hold my tongue) ++ I rant relentlessly about any topic I seem to get a hold on. ++ I adore fashion to bits (though, I still have a lot to learn).++

I am called as Spoiled Brat.
because, I act like one.

Shortcut?
Call me, SB.

(I'm feeling: The current mood of littlepinkdevil at www.imood.com)

You may contact me here.

Currently

    follow me on Twitter

    Speak Up

    This tagboard is for chatting and random conversations only.
    --
    Please comment on the post,
    NOT on the tagboard.



    Earn Online

    Hits4pay ($10 signup bonus!)




    Cool Beats


    MyFlashFetish.com

    Credits
    Layout by: Spoiled Brat
    --
    Most of the stuff here is owned by Spoiled Brat. Otherwise, the origin of the photo or content is credited to the source.
    --

    blogarama - the blog directory

    Blog Directory & Search engine

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com